11 August 2009

Some Quirky Nutrition Humor II


I don't take nutrition and fitness jokes or quirkiness too seriously and neither should you. In fact I find them therapeutic, a kind of much needed nudge to remind us all that life is still going on in the midst of the obsession over food that many are suffering through. As with everything, you do your best always, but don't overdo it. Here's your jolt of nutrition/fitness insight with a twist and a bit of humor:



“One should eat to live, not live to eat”
Moliere

“Food is an important part of a balanced diet”
Fran Lebowitz

“I’m on a seafood diet. I see food and I eat it”
Anonymous

“I’ve been on a diet for two weeks and all I’ve lost is two weeks.”
Totie Fields

“I’ve been on a constant diet for the last two decades. I’ve lost a total of 789 pounds. By all accounts, I should be hanging from a charm bracelet.”
Erma Bombeck

“Old people shouldn’t eat health foods. They need all the preservatives they can get.”
Robert Orben

“I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.”
Fred Allen

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world.
Paul Dudley White

“My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She’s ninety-seven today-we don’t know where the hell she is.”
Ellen Degeneres

“The only reason I would take up jogging is so I could hear heavy breathing again.”
Erma Bombeck

“When I feel like exercising I just lie down until the feeling goes away.”
Robert M. Hutchins

“When I buy cookies I just eat four and throw the rest away. But first I spray them with Raid so I won’t dig them out of the garbage later. Be careful though, because that Raid really doesn’t taste that bad.”
Janette Barber


Hope you had some laughs :)


Source: Klein, Allen. The Wise and Witty Quote Book: 2000 Quotations to Enlighten, Encourage, and Enjoy

2 comments:

Lilith

Oh Thank you! I really enjoyed a few laughs. My fav was the Ellen deGenerous quote.

Karen Lugay,RD

Thank you for reading the post and commenting. I am happy to hear that it brought you some laughs. Sometimes we take food and exercise too seriously, so it's nice to see that you can have a sense of humor about it.

Non-Diet Tips   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP